Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Warped Tour - by Guest Blogger Beverly

**Editor's note** In an effort to make our blog more teen-centric, we've started soliciting blog posts from members of our Teen Advisory Council, volunteers, and random teens who wander into the library. Our first Guest Blogger is Beverly, one of our incredibly dedicated TAC members. If you'd like to contribute a blog, email us at teensmain@carnegielibrary.org! **

Warped Tour

The Warped Tour is a festival of bands that tour the country every summer. This summer was my first year going and it was an amazing experience. The night before the tour I only got 2 hours of sleep because I was so excited. When it was time to leave at 10am I still had no clue what it was going to be like, the people I had was going with had also never been to the tour before. By the time I got there the line was already massive. Even before the doors opened the energy was amazing, there were people walking around promoting their bands and handing out free merchandise.

The doors opened a bit after 11am, and I tried to find my friends Karly and Georgina who I was supposed to be meeting. I was overwhelmed by the size of Post Gazette Pavilion and it took me a while to find Karly and Georgina. Once I found all my friends we went to started going to see bands, the crowd and bands performances were all amazing. The energy was completely different from a normal show. Out of all the bands I saw, I feel The Academy Is had the best performance. They got the crowd really going and singing along to all the songs.

After going to Warped Tour this year I would definitely go again. I feel it is a worthwhile experience that anyone who enjoys music should go to.

No comments: