Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Another day, another dollar

Good morning! Just wanted to let y'all know about a really cool program that's going on at the library today: Crafts for Teens. Our intrepid intern Adaena is creating a massive geodesic dome to hang in the teens space, and I'm sure she'd appreciate some assistance! The program runs from 1-3pm and, like almost everything else at the library, it's free. Teens from 12 to 18 are welcome! This is the last crafts program of the summer, so come on down.

On a book note: I finished The Onion Girl last night, and it was really wonderful. Read it. This morning while I was drinking my coffee I read Emma Frost: Higher Learning, a graphic novel from the Marvel Age series. It's about Emma Frost, who some of you may know as The White Queen from the X-Men. This book, however, talks about Emma's life before she joined the ranks of the X-Men, when she was just a privileged schoolgirl from an insensitive family. It's rather fun, and now I have to go and find the next volume!

I hope you all have a great day. More later.

Karen

No comments: